Sunday, June 28, 2009

Swimming With Turtles

Today has been an amazing day! No pictures though.... gasp! I did drag my camera around with me all day, but didn't shoot any pictures!

We spent this afternoon at yet another of Kauai's wonderful beaches. I was a bit concerned as to how well we would like the beach because it had a rocky shore with a quick drop off, and high waves... not a great beach for kids to swim at.

BUT.... just as we arrived my sister yelled out to me that there were sea turtles in the water. We looked and saw turtles in the waves. Amazing! We sat in beach chairs and watched as they popped their heads up through the waves.

Later I was able to go out snorkeling.... once I got past my fear of making it though the waves and rocks to get off shore a bit. I saw all kinds of amazing fish and then, had a sea turtle swim up right next to me. Magical! I followed it around for a bit marveling at it's beauty.

I had a great time snorkeling until the end.... I'm not so good at getting back to shore. Apparently everyone was wishing they had a video camera to document my "landing" back on shore.... definitely not the most graceful event!

The perfect end to the day - dinner out with Papa Bear at the Blue Dolphin - a very nice restaurant in Hanelei. We had gotten a $100 gift certificate to the restaurant for sitting though a time share talk when we first arrived on the Island. My aunt and sister watched our kids for us so we could have a "date".

I've been editing LOTS of pictures and have a ton more to share when I get around to it. I'm still just editing with Picasa... but have my photo shop book with me and hope to practice a bit with that. We'll see... I'm on vacation after all!

Blessings to you!

No comments: