Saturday, July 18, 2009

My own "Up To" Post

I read MckMama's blog on a daily basis and she shared what she and her family were up to today... and invited her readers to leave a comment on her blog with what they had done this weekend.

I left a rather verbose comment in her comments section and decided I would copy and paste it here.... And... if anyone even reads this blog... you can leave a comment letting me know what you have been up to this weekend! :)

This is what I wrote:

I am having a thoroughly delightful weekend BY MYSELF - a gift from my Prince Charming, whom I call Papa Bear. :) He took our four small and not so small children to Boston to spend the weekend with his parents. He does this every once in a while and I LOVE love love him for it..... even though I cry as soon as the van is packed and they are backing down the driveway. How is it that I can so desperately want them to go at the same time that I desperately want them to stay?!! I love "me" time and I miss my family at the same time. I guess that is a good thing.

So... what have I done with my time? I spent last night cleaning every inch of my house - with no interruptions. And... guess what?... it is still clean today. What bliss! It's the small things in life, right?!

I've paid bills, run a couple of errands, watched some TV, had dinner with one of my best friends - an uninterrupted dinner at that! I had a nice long phone conversation with my sister who lives thousands of miles from me. She gasped when I told her that I had just finished unpacking the rest of our suitcases from our vacation together two weeks ago. :) They were mostly unpacked.....

And... my favorite part of the weekend... I've been catching up on photos, reading more about my camera (Olympus E-510), and making photo books for my kids and for grandparents and aunts and uncles.

Tomorrow I'll go to church, hang out with some friends, get the grocery shopping done, and eagerly wait for my husband and kids to come home.... and then hope that they want to go away again for a weekend sometime real soon! :)

It is nearly 1 AM here in MA and I should be off to bed... but I drank some diet mountain dew earlier in the evening and I am WIRED... so maybe I'll get even more done on my to do list (like add profile info to my blog, collect receipts to submit to the insurance company, make some bread with the rotting bananas on the counter...) And... no... I didn't just add things to my list that I had already done just so I could cross them out... nope.... not me... definitely NOT me.

1 comment:

karina said...

Hmmm. I really need to read up on my camera too. I'm your Olympus E-510 friend! ;) Your papa bear sounds like my hubby, perfectly willing to give me a healthy amount of mom time! Gotta love a guy like that!

Noticed that your following me on twitter! I think I'll follow you too, and your blog. :) We can talk E-510 talk or twin talk or whatever!

Happy week!