Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hot Diggity Dog

Last Saturday was Andrew's first ever Pinewood Derby.... a family affair.  Andrew and Papa Bear worked a long time to create a "hot dog" car and Elizabeth helped pick out paint colors.  Andrew was so proud of this beauty!
We were all happy that the hot dog not only looked good, but raced well.
You can't tell from this picture, but Andrew really enjoyed the races.
And this little car managed to break a track record once.  Another car broke this record by the end, but Andrew was proud nonetheless.... and so were we.
This is Andrew's best friend showing off his medal to his younger brother.  I didn't get a picture of Andrew with his medal... because, you know.. he loves pictures so much!
I remember so clearly attending pinewood derby races with my brothers.  I remember my step-dad and brothers strategizing for weeks about the best way to make the car, how to make it heavier, how to lube up the wheels.  I remember the excitement of racing day.  I'm guessing this is the first year of many years of "racing" for us.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Good job Andrew!! Your car is not only fast, its unique!!!